Barcelona-Home Accommodation

martes, 20 de mayo de 2014

My experience living in Barcelona



I would like to share my experiences that had occurred so far, it started in the beginning of February when I heard that I am accepted for a placement for a duration of 6 months, I was thrilled knowing I would be doing my internship in Barcelona. I have done some research in terms of obtaining a decent flat or apartment for long term rentals, and I have stumbled into many interesting but unfortunately also into many (short term rentals) that weren't capable. When I finally found something interesting in that short matter I was content and ready for a new adventure in a new city.




Once arrived in Barcelona I was right away in love with the city, on one hand I loved the aspect of the old Spanish culture which is embedded throughout the whole city and clearly visible and on the other hand the urbanization of 21st century business climate.

At arrival in my new (shared) apartment I right away noticed how far away it is from the vibrate city, so it wasn't long when I decided to move closer to the city, so like said I did and moved to the most vibrate part of the city, which is right in the middle of the city, Las Ramblas. Ramblas is known for being the most crowded & most visited streets from Barcelona, with numerous souvenir shops and streets artists. La bouqeria is a notorious market which is known for having the most fresh & rare products from all over the world which is located in the Ramblas and is an attraction for tourists and of course culinary interested folks. The beach is located 15 min away from the Ramblas and has one of the notorious nightclubs from Spain with a series of excellent restaurants and bars and of course an amazing shore where you can have a romantic walk or simply just ly around on the beach relax while enjoying the sun. Ramblas is close to Plaza Universität and the famous plaza Catalunya which are in 5 min reach, here you will find one of the best fashion items, designer boutiques and vintage shops from Spain and even Europe. Staying and living in the Ramblas is wonderful, it's a melting pot of many cultures that all come for the same thing.

SIGHTSEEING, TAPAS, SANGRIA & FLAMENCO. 

Even though it's nice to be among that many variety however this can be overwhelming at times since it's always crowded and noisy, in that case there are many parks all over the city which vary in shapes and sizes but here is where one can find some peace from all the madness it's quiet and peaceful and makes you briefly forget that you are currently in a Metropolitan. All in all besides from all the great sightseeing Barcelona has to offer, staying in the Ramblas is tasting Barcelona at its finest, so to say.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario